Tuesday, November 14, 2006

8 Months Old



Today is my 8-month birthday. I feel like a little boy these days... no longer a baby! I just love all of the new things that I can do and say.

I've got a few words that I like to say regularly, but I'm the only one who knows what they mean: like Dobbin and Blaadin and banabanabana to name a few.... I also say dada but that's just what I call everyone (not just dad but mom, Hannah and Otis too). Mom and dad have been signing with me since I was about 6 months old - I think I'm starting to understand some of the signs, but I don't know how to use them yet (like doggie, no, quiet, more, help, and all-gone).

I'm not quite crawling but I'm still getting around just fine... I think I'd rather crawl with my feet and hands instead of my knees and hands. Mom (and my Nagy) have seen me attempt to do this several times now and today, I actually got to my toy by moving on my feet and hands (and sometimes elbows). Otherwise, I just scoot like I'm in the army and that works just fine for me. I've been pulling myself up on the side of the bathtub (dad gets scared when I do this) and if Mom puts me in front of the coffee table, I like to stand there and grab stuff - I've even taken a step this way! Luckily, Mom and Dad started protecting me from things like electrical outlets and the corners of the brick fireplace... Just wait until that Christmas tree goes up though - Wooohooo!

Mom and Dad measured me and I'm now 30" long and 18 pounds. Mom said I grew last week because all of the sudden, my 9 month clothes stopped fitting. :( It's no wonder that I'm growing because I eat so much now! I'm still a slow eater, but I eat large quantities when I'm hungry... my latest favorite is Dad's cream of wheat! Last night I ate some of Mom's green beans but they weren't as yummy. But mix anything with applesauce and I'm all over it! I eat three real meals a day, but I still love my bottles and have 4 or 5 of those a day too. I also love my cookies and cheerios... i figured out how to gently pick up one piece at a time and feed myself.

I've been feeling pretty good since my pneumonia last month...I've got the sniffles right now but it might just be allergies. I had ear infections with my first cold in September, and never again since then. And to this day, I still haven't ever had a fever (even with the pneumonia!!!). All and all, I'm doing pretty darn good. Mom said to knock on wood. :)

Here's a few pictures of me over the last few weeks... click here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe how fast you are growing!!!!! I miss you so much and can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Happy 8 month birthday Jack.

Love,

Grammy

Anonymous said...

Look at how big you are and all full of smiles! Happy 8 month birthday Jackster.

Love,

Great Aunt Mare :)

Anonymous said...

Jack you are getting so big. More cute by the day. Can't wait to see you again. Those smiles are a killer. Wait till you grow up just a little bit more. The girls will agree with me.

Love,

Grammy Marie (YFGG)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jack. It was so much fun visiting you last weekend. My are you getting bigger and stronger. You sure do love to eat, especially your dad's cream of wheat. It amazes me how you can pick up your itzy bitzy pieces of cheerioes and put them in your mouth. I think you are going to be a South Paw like your mom. See you very soon.

Love and miss you,

Nagy in FL