Friday, July 10, 2009

MJ - 9 Months Old



Sweet Baby Girl,
I can't believe we're approaching your 1-year birthday already. You have grown so much and you change every day, but I still can't get that first glimpse of you out of my head. The doctors handed you to me and I couldn't believe how big you were and how much hair you had (I felt like they handed me a 3-month old baby), and those cheeks! Those puffy, pink cheeks - so soft and sweet, when you let out your first cry, I knew instantly that you would change my life forever. And you have. Now you're 9 months old, gaining Independence, gaining confidence in your surroundings, and already learning how to manipulate us to get what you want... Usually a simple smile does the trick - those same pink puffy cheeks perk up, your rosy lips curl, your little button nose scrunches up and those big blue eyes light up. You now babble all the time...while you're eating (constantly singing the "mmmm" sound while you chew), you babble while you're playing, or in your crib, or when you're just trying to be noticed over your much-louder big brother. You wave hello/goodbye, you clap your hands when you're excited (or when we prompt you to), you move your head back and forth to say "no no no", you use your little fingers in that pincer grip, you say "dadada" and "mamama" and I'm pretty sure you know what you're saying. I think you're even recognizing sign language too (doggie, daddy, all-done, brother, mommy). And you are just as lazy as you are smart. According to the doctor - you're not crawling yet because you think it's easier to roll/scoot/shimmy to where you want to be. Hips are fine, ears are fine, legs are fine...you're just plain lazy. You'll dig your toe in, pick your body up off the ground and inch forward for 2-3 inches, but then give up and decide to roll. Though now you seem to be moving around in the sit position (I've heard of this type of "crawling" but never witnessed it) - spinning 360 degrees and moving several inches at a time - all while sitting down. We've had some fun watching you figure all of these things out...***Since I started writing this a week ago, you have now started to show an interest in pulling up on things - We've seen you get to your knees and then you crack up and fall back down... And if we place you next to the couch or stool, you'll stand there for a while before finally getting tired and going back down - this too, you crack up about...something about standing and getting upright makes you laugh hysterically***

Your 9 Month stats: You now weigh 21 lbs, and you are 28.5 inches. Still on the same curve of the growth chart (big). You eat everything that we feed you - except for peas. Favorites: Still squash & zucchini from my garden (yay!), pancakes, cooked brown rice, carrots, applesauce and goldfish crackers. Favorite Toy: my car keys... when they're not available, beads (red/white/blue from the 4th, or teal/black from the Panther's outing) - yes a choking hazard but still your favorite. And finally, you have your first tooth. It's tiny, sharp and too cute.

Thanks for another fabulous month Miss Molly! You are the sweetest and we can't get enough of you!!!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Yes, Miss Molly, you are growing up way too fast! It makes Grammy chuckle to learn that you are lazy- it must be driving your parents crazy. You just do things on your own schedule and I will delight in watching.....

Love and Miss You,

Grammy

Kelly in NC said...

9 months? Already? My favorite thing about you little Molly are those chubby thighs. They were big when you were born but even bigger now. I could tickle them all day. Also your mom forgot to mention that you are one the most laid back, easily entertained kids I have ever known. I don't think your lazy. i think that you think outside the box!