Friday, September 21, 2007

18 Months


Time Flies! 18 months have passed and I grow more and more into a little kid each day. I'm now over 28 pounds, 35", and in size 7 shoes! My vocabulary is ever changing - several words actually sound like real words now, and I'm also putting 2 words together to make sentences (more cheerios, uh-oh fall, hot ouch, oh no, my dad, dump truck, trash truck, help me, etc.). I start jabbering the minute I wake up (standing in my crib yelling "mommy") until the minute I go to bed at night ("nu-night mama"). I have 16 teeth and eat just about everything though have started turning my nose up to veggies. The doc says this is fine since I love fruit and will eat fruit all day long if my diapers could hold it! :)

My favorite past times - playing with trucks, cars, trains, balls, blocks, sticks and rocks. I love stacking them and lining them up. I organize them based on type/size and create little piles with them (so Brun). I even like to play make-believe with my other toys...lining them up and moving them like a train, making train noises, or waving a block in the air and making airplane noises. I'm really starting to think outside of the box. :)

Dad has become my new favorite person- I still run to Mom when I'm scared or have a boo-boo, but lately - seeing Daddy is the highlight of my day. I love searching room by room for daddy yelling his name. I'm so intrigued by everything that he does (my new favorite word - "tools" since I've been watching dad do some work around the house).


A few other changes around my house...I started going to daycare for just one day a week, and Mom continues to be busy with new clients so this is helpful. I also have a new babysitter for Thursdays and Fridays during the day if Mom needs her to come- she's a sweet lady in the neighborhood that reminds me of grammy and nagy (except she's a bit more expensive). I'm also learning about poop (pup) and pee (pete pete), not sure if I'm ready for potty training yet (though my Doctor thinks so), but I now know where my poopy is and can point at it (in my pants, of course), and I know where the potty is but for now I just like climbing on it.

With Hannah gone (see previous post), I've now taken a new liking to Otis... Yesterday, Mom walked in the room to see Otis with my matchbox truck on his back (and the day before, there was a little purple octopus on his back) - he's been pretty good about letting me play with him like that (he used to jump and run to the other room when I went near him). Mom still tries to keep tabs on us though, because Otis is a big boy and he might be too rough with me. But I'm growing pretty fast and will soon be caught up with Otis. :)

Gotta run now.... I hear the trash truck coming!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Jack, you continue to grow like a weed every month. You are really starting to look like a little boy instead of a baby. Must mean it's time for a baby sister or brother for you! You always amaze me with the way you play with all your trucks and cars, you play pretend so well for someone your age.

I can't wait to see you next month and give you a big kiss and a huge hug and squeeze. You'll just have to put up with Grammy slobbering all over you.

Love and Miss You,

Grammy

Kelly in NC said...

I can't believe how old you are getting...and such fun too! You are smart and fun to be around! Happy 18 mos. birthday Jack!
Love- Aunt Kelly

NaeNae said...

I hardly recognize you, Jack! You are such a big boy now!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jackster:

Nagy is so very proud of you to know that you can talk in little bitsy sentences.

I was sad to hear about Hanna, your pal.

GB Pops and I will get to see you in a about three weeks. I will hold you and kiss you and tickle you so I can hear you laugh.

Save some books for me so we can sit and read together.

My love,

Nagy in FL