Monday, April 23, 2007

Summer is here! (almost)


Just when I got comfortable walking indoors, now mom and dad make me walk on the grass (not nearly as easy as it looks). I just can't resist the outdoors though - so I'll keep practicing. Mostly, I can't stand the grass...it's itchy and uneven..sometimes cold and wet too, but Dad has warned me that I better start liking it or I'll miss out on all sorts of fun things with him. For instance - I went to my friend's birthday party last week, and it was mostly outdoors...there were all kinds of fun toys to play with and climb on but I had to get brave and maneuver the lawn to enjoy myself. In the end, the grass won and I learned that touching the grass was ok (after mom forced me to walk barefoot). Since then, I've been getting more and more comfortable with the grass - but I'd still prefer the concrete (maybe I'm destined to be a city-kid???).

I do love being outside though - I stand at the door and SCREAM when someone comes in or goes out and shuts the door before I can squeeze through (any door leading outside... my house has 5). So now mom and dad sneak in and out and try to hide it from me. One reason I love going outside is because it means I get to put my shoes on...I just love the way my shoes sound when I walk in them. I slap them on the floor with each step and it gets louder and louder. They sound the best when I get to walk in the empty house that Dad built. Maybe it's the hardwoods, maybe it's the echo - either way it's cool.

Here's a few pictures from the last few weeks...click here

Can't wait for Gray's birthday party this weekend!!!

No comments: